This the finished building with textures in the UDK editor.
This is a work in progress video of our Year 2 group project Paragon’s Past, showing what Hull’s Paragon Station and surrounding area looked like at the outbreak of World War 1.
Link to the web site: http://paragonspast.co.uk
To get our project developed to a more finished stage for our September showing, the group have decided to get some of the key remaining building that once occupied the areas around Paragon Station produced. The building that I am modeling stood behind the Boer War Memorial in Paragon Square until 1941 when it was destroyed in a German bombing raid during World War 2. Only a small section of the building remains today and there are only a few photographs that exist that show the front part of the building.
The building behind the buses and the Hammond’s store adjacent existed during our projects setting, but were both destroyed during World War 2.
This is my progression so far; a bit more to model, then texturing.
We will be showing our group project to the general public from Thursday 15th to Saturday 17th may. The venue for this is a shop within a shopping centre, and will provide us with a good opportunity for learning about how to deal with questions and comments from the general public. This will also act as a preview of the project that we are hoping to show at a potential venue in September. To accompany our installation at the shopping centre me and Reece are creating a booklet that features information and pictures of some of the completed assets and building in the game engine, as well as photos of the real assets and buildings to show the comparison.
Not only will this help to show people how parts of the Paragon Station area looked like 100 years ago, it will also help to give people an insight into the techniques and processes that go into game development and the design process it entails.
Although our project is centered around a train station we only had one completed train engine for the whole station, so I decided to make a steam engine with accompanying coal cart that visually differed from the first one that Adam had already made.
As the inside of the cab wont be seen too much I opted for minimal control detail.To add more variety I made two textures for the engines in North Eastern Railway (NER) colours.Here are the completed engines with their coal carts in the UDK engine.