Paragon Project: Animating a Horse in 3Ds Max.

With semester two of our second year under way,  we are looking to progress our project by adding animated animals and people into our environment. As our project is set in 1914; horses would have been a common sight on the streets of Hull.

02

To start with I downloaded this horse model from TurboSquid and then added bones to the model in 3Ds Max. I linked the bones that I needed to move together using the IK solver tool in the animation drop down menu and then added Dummy controllers to the IK links; this helps me to easily grab the part that I need to move.

4

Next I applied my own texture to the horse and set up an animation using  Auto Key to give the impression that the horse may have been startled.

I was also able to export the horse and its animation and then import them int UDK where I set up the animation to be a triggered event, I added a horse sound to the animation too.

5

Advertisements

One thought on “Paragon Project: Animating a Horse in 3Ds Max.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s