As well as recreating the visuals for our 3D reconstruction of Hull’s Paragon Station and the surrounding area, a soundtrack must also be implemented in a subtle, realistic and convincing way. As with any populated urban area, either today or in a setting from a century ago; an overall background sound will be present, as well as triggered sounds.
In the setting of a bustling train station and surrounding area of 100 years ago there are various sounds to consider, some of which we don’t hear too often nowadays.
Sounds to be included:
- Steam trains (shunting etc.)
- Passing trams (wheels against track, stopping bell?)
- Horses (hoof noise against road surface, grunting etc.)
- Peoples muffled conversations.
- Car sounds (engine, horn.)