As we are researching what Paragon Station and the surrounding area looked like in 1914, it has proved somewhat surprising how little some parts of Hull have changed during the last 100 years, yet some parts have changed beyond recognition.
The arched entrance to the Kinema Picture Palace ( now Horners bar) on Anlaby road shown here around 1910.
Here is the same stretch of Anlaby road today, showing the arched entrance of the former Kinema Picture Palace. Note some other buildings remain unchanged.
This is what the corner of Anlaby road and Brook street ( now Ferensway ) looked like in 1914.
This is the same spot now.
Images from Google Maps and The Anlaby Road book by Paul Gibson.